At least seven Saudi soldiers have been killed in the past week in clashes with Yemeni rebels, Al Jazeera reports, citing the Saudi Press Agency (SPA).
Mohammed al-Manjahi was the latest soldier to be killed on the kingdom’s southern borders in the fight against Houthi rebels. According to an AFP news agency tally compiling reports by the Saudi interior ministry and civil defense department, at least 115 civilians and soldiers have been killed on the southern border since March 2015.
On Sunday, a Pakistani national was killed when Yemeni rebels shelled the kingdom’s southern border region, the civil defense department said.
Meanwhile, the humanitarian situation within Yemen continues to worsen as the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization said the country’s estimated supplies of wheat will run out at the end of March.
Last week, the U.S. sent a Navy destroyer to the Red Sea after suicide boats belonging to the Houthi militias from Yemen struck the Saudi frigate off Hodeida port in the Red Sea. Two crew members were killed and three were injured in the attack.